The Open Enrollment Period for plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace® is over. But even after Open Enrollment ends, coverage is available when you experience a Qualifying Life Event that may allow you to change or add to your existing coverage.
When your family grows or you have another Qualifying Event, you are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you or anyone in your household:
- Got married. If you enroll in coverage during the SEP, which lasts for 60 days from the date of marriage, coverage will start on the first day of the following month.
- Had a baby, adopted a child, or placed a child for foster care. Your coverage can start the day of the event — even if you enroll in the plan up to 60 days afterward.
- What’s more, if you gained any other dependent due to child support or other court order, you may qualify for a special enrollment period.
You have up to 60 days to add your new dependent to your coverage. During this period, you may also add your spouse to your new policy.
To see if you qualify, and to find out if you can enroll in or change a plan for 2022, visit Healthcare.gov, then:
- Create an account or log into an existing account to apply and enroll.
- Preview plans and prices based on your income.
We’re here for you.
Deciding which plan is best for you can be a big decision. We’re here to help you navigate by clearly explaining the coverage in terms you can understand. View plans at BCBSKS.com/cares or call us at 866-679-7824.