For many, the peach is the crowning jewel of summer produce. Its brilliant color, sweet scent and juicy flesh puts it atop the fruit bowl. However, your taste buds aren’t the only things to benefit! They’re ripe with health benefits your whole body can use.
- Even a small peach can make up to 15 percent of your daily vitamin C intake, which helps keep your immune system going strong.
- Peaches can be a good source of fiber. High-fiber foods keep you regular, as well as protect you from health problems like heart disease.
- If you’re looking for a calorie-conscious snack, look no further than a peach! They contain less than 60 calories and are free from cholesterol, saturated fat and sodium.
National Peach Month is the perfect time to enjoy a favorite peach recipe. Start the celebration with this easy recipe for roasted peach sundaes!
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
- Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.