Step up your popcorn game with dashes of Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese! Watch as Donna from our Blues Café kitchen makes easy Mediterranean magic popcorn. BCBSKS members – this recipe and more can be found in the WebMD portal in your Blue Access® account!
- 1 bag of light microwave popcorn, popped (about 9 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Put popcorn in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over the top, followed by the Italian herbs and grated Parmesan.
- Toss to blend well. Keep in a sealable plastic bag and eat within 2 days.
Yield: 3 servings
Per serving: 121 calories, 3 g protein, 12.5 g carbohydrate, 6.5 g fat, 1.2 g saturated fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 2.5 g fiber, 125 mg sodium (if using lower-sodium microwave popcorn). Calories from fat: 49%.
© 2006 Elaine Magee