Who would have thought maple syrup and garlic powder would taste so, so good together? Watch as Donna from our Blues Café kitchen puts together this fun Crispix mix. BCBSKS members – this recipe and more can be found in the WebMD portal in your Blue Access® account!
- 7 cups Crispix cereal
- 1/2 cup Planters® reduced-fat peanuts
- 1 1/2-2 cups pretzels
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Smart Balance® margarine (or similar), melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine cereal, peanuts, and pretzels in large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir together margarine, maple syrup, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in 2 cup measure. Gently drizzle mixture over cereal mixture and stir until cereal is coated well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes (you may need to microwave longer depending on your microwave), stirring after 2 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 9 cups
Per serving: 164 calories, 3 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 3.4 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 372 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 18%.
© 2003-2006 WebMD, Inc. All rights reserved.