One of the best ways to keep you and your family safe is to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Effective Jan. 15, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas (BCBSKS) is covering the cost for members to receive up to eight at-home COVID-19 tests every 30 days.
Here’s how it works:
BCBSKS members can go to any pharmacy counter in Kansas and ask for a COVID-19 test. Show the pharmacy representative your BCBSKS ID card and, depending on your plan coverage, you will either receive a test at the counter for no charge ($0) or you will pay for the test and submit for reimbursement here with a copy of your receipt.
If you happen to pick up a test off the shelf of a local store or order one through an online retailer, save your receipt and you can submit for reimbursement here, up to $12 per individual test.
Important information to note:
- At-home PCR tests which you send off to a lab are not included.
- At-home testing should cost no more than $12 a test. Some retailers may try to charge more due to high demand. Be cautious of this.
- Many tests are sold two in a box. In those cases, you would receive up to $24 reimbursement, up to $12 per test.
- This reimbursement is not valid for employment testing or for resale.
- Coverage is limited to tests that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. See full list of currently approved tests here.
Keep up to date on all things related to COVID-19 coverage, vaccines, testing and more on our website here.